Why do guys like when girls sit on their lap?

Love & Relationship Discussions
CBTMN

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am

Why do guys like when girls sit on their lap?

This question appeared on my feed and I found it interesting that 51 answers had been collapsed (yes: "fifty-one").

Even the 5 answers that weren't collapsed didn't really explore the question.

But I don't think I saw any answers from a self-professed female, so I thought I'd toss in my 2¢, for what it's worth.

At the outset, let me define my terms. I'm not gonna get into the gender debate. That's for a different question. Let's just call the person who sits on the lap the "sitter" for purposes of this discussion. We'll call the person being sat upon the "lap," and I'll use the terms "she" and "he" respectively, since the question referred to "girls sitting on guys."

First. When someone sits on your lap, It's a very intimate position that leaves very little doubt about the sitter's intentions.

Second. It psychologically traps the lap person, but not in a dangerous way. The lap person experiences a wide range of conflicting feelings when sat upon. The lap person is often aroused, but other feelings come up as well.

Usually a lap person doesn't feel dangerously trapped, cornered, or pursued when sat upon, but I think all of these feelings arise when one finds another person sitting on their lap.

In other words, although the lap person is often aroused, he probably understands that he could quickly escape from this situation if he decided to do so (by standing up, thereby dumping the sitter unceremoniously onto the floor).

So the lap person knows it's a game…a flirtation, but one of high significance. Again: There's nothing subtle about what the sitter is trying to convey when she sits on a lap.

But the whole thing is completely innocent, publicly acceptable, and "safe" for all involved parties.

I won't venture further, except to mention that people pay a lot of money for lap dances…. for good reason.

(My qualifications for answering this: I've sat upon many laps, and I know why I did it. I also had a lap dance once, in a gentleman's club, so I've experienced both, um, positions.)

chinyere

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:32 am

It’s a sign of dominance and submission. Simple as that. Even if it’s subconscious.

When a girl sits on a guys lap, she is submitting to him in trust, respect, and through her body. She consents to rendering herself in a vulnerable position, and is at the power of the man. He can do many things to her at this point, and it’s all more intimate than sitting apart, not to mention the proximity of private areas. It’s almost like an upright spooning. When a man is in such a position, he is dominating the situation as she is letting him take control. He can keep things PG or make things sexual; it’s a power rush for him and each party get to play in the tease. It’s also a sign of protection and claiming of territory. She is his, and she sits there like a trophy for everyone to see, but it’s a “see but no touch” game.

Blessing

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 am

Your thighs are one of the most sensitive parts of your body. Just like women's breasts, they have many nerve endings which makes the area super sensitive towards external stimuli. Moreover your thighs don't hold much fat and are more mascular compared to other parts of the body.

A female sitting on your lap is a female sitting close to your private part and it develops similar levels of testosterone rush compared to when she sits or grinds over your penis.

Your pituitary gland starts secreting gonadotropin hormone which makes you sexually active and also gives the relief and satisfactory feel similar to the one you get after an orgasm.

Micheal

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:37 am

It could mean …
  • I trust you to take care of me….
  • I feel attracted to you….
  • I will sleep with you tonight….
  • You are my first choice of male …..
  • You are soooo cool and I want to be seen to be close to you in front of the other girls…..
  • I am afraid of you and I wish to pacify you…..
  • I dont care that you have a girlfriend because I am a bitch who thinks shes better than her……
  • Im going to win a bet by reducing you to a pile of submissive man drivel with my killer womanliness…..
  • Im drunk…..
  • I want to marry you because Iv been in love with you forever.
ndubest
COUNTRY | STATE: NIGERIA ABIA

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 am

dont know what to say here
make money,save money invest money and chop money
Walex07
COUNTRY | STATE: Nigeria lagos

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 am

Because it is nice
sholex03
COUNTRY | STATE: Nigeria | Kwara

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:47 am